Growing Together Since 1907
We owe a great debt of gratitude to the community for supporting the bank for over a century. We are also indebted to the generations of shareholders, staff and management who have guided the bank through challenging economic times. The First Bank of Manhattan has always maintained a community focus, providing the highest level of financial services in an effort to foster growth and prosperity throughout Manhattan, Elwood, New Lenox and surrounding communities.
It is our hope that we continue the legacy that has carried us for our first one hundred years. As we step into our second century, it is with the belief that the best is yet to come!
First National Bank of Manhattan opens doors with $40,000 in capital.
Bank assets reach $632,994.
Bank remodels and expands, one drive-up lane added later.
Bank assets reach $19,352,000.
Bank remodels and expands, three drive-up lanes added
Holding company, Manhattan Bancshares, Inc. formed.
Jack Kramer named bank President.
Our first ATM installed.
Market Place branch opens.
Bank-by-Phone becomes available.
Online Banking becomes available.
Bank converts from a national charter to a state charter. Name changes to First Bank of Manhattan.
In August 2006, we completed and opened our new landmark financial center at 550 West North Street in Manhattan. Three months later we opened our first branch outside of Manhattan, at 836 Laraway Road in New Lenox. At the time our 550 West North Street office opened, we closed the smaller 300 Market Place location.
Bank assets exceed $120,000,000 and bank celebrates it's 100th year!
eStatements become available.
Our website gets a facelift!
Mobile Banking becomes available.
New Lenox location renamed FIRST BANK OF NEW LENOX, a Branch of First Bank of Manhattan.
Super Saver Sammy introduced.
State St. location remodeled and bank celebrates it's 110th year!