First Bank of Manhattan offers a comprehensive range of checking accounts. Each features unique benefits designed to deliver maximum convenience and flexibility. Choose the account that's right for you!
NO STRINGS ATTACHED CHECKING
Our No Strings Attached personal checking account eliminates all fees, charges, and minimum balance requirements. Plus, our No Strings Attached checking account includes a FREE debit card, FREE online banking, FREE bill pay and much, much more!
Call or stop in to open your personal checking account today.
PRIME CLUB CHECKING FOR THOSE AGE 50 (or better!)
Hundreds of Prime Club members already enjoy special benefits at First Bank of Manhattan – and you can, too!
FREE Personalized Checks
FREE 24-Hour MasterCard MasterMoney Debit Card™
FREE Notary Service
FREE Transfer of Funds
FREE Photocopies – 10 per month
FREE Direct Deposit (Payroll, Retirement, Social Security, etc.)
We’ll waive fees on many other bank services, like:
NO FEE Standard Prime Club checks
NO FEE Money Orders
PLUS, we’ve lowered fees on other important services, like 50% OFF safe deposit boxes and reduced fees for designer checks!
NOW CHECKING EARNS INTEREST
Put your money to work earning interest without limiting access to funds. Maintain a low minimum balance of $1,000 ($500 for Prime Club) and you won't even pay a fee.
Need help deciding which checking account is right for you? Our checking account comparison chart can help you decide. to see the chart.
ON THE GO CHECKING FOR TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS
First Bank of Manhattan has created a checking account designed especially for teens and young adults!
- FREE debit card (with lower limits, see Debit Card Limits listed below)
- Up to $10 per statement cycle in ATM fees waived. This allows teens and young adults the ability to use other ATMs, even while away at college without incurring expensive ATM fees.
- Our First Bank of Manhattan Mobile Banking App
- A chance to earn bonuses. (See available bonuses listed below)
- E-Statements online are required.*
|Earn $25||Earn $50|
Once you have completed the following steps above, come into the bank and show one of our Customer Service Representatives and we will credit your account! (Account bonuses of $25 or $50 are limited to one or the other and one time only if conditions are met within 90 days of account opening).
- The teen/young adult can also earn $10 by referring friends who open accounts at First Bank of Manhattan.
The new checking account must remain open and in good standing with a minimum balance of $0.01 until the reward is processed in order to receive the award. If the checking account is closed by you or the Bank within 180 days after opening, we reserve the right to deduct the reward amount from the account at the time of closing.
Debit Card Limits
|Debit Card Limits (15-16 years old)||$100 ATM / $100 POS|
|Debit Card Limits (17 years old)||$100 ATM / $250 POS|
|Debit Card Limits (18-24 years old)||$500 ATM / $1,000 POS|
*E-Statement required for this account. If E-Statements are not signed up for, there will be a fee of $1.50 per month. ATM fee waivers and referral bonuses until customer turn 24 years of age. **The value of the cash bonus may be reported on IRS Form 1099, and may be considered taxable income to you.
for information on opening an account.
ATM MasterCard MasterMoney Debit Card™
A First Bank of Manhattan Debit MasterCard is the convenient way to pay for everyday purchases at millions of locations worldwide. It's safer than carrying cash and faster than writing a check. Purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account and detailed on your monthly statement. First Bank of Manhattan Debit MasterCards now come with Fraud-Fighting chip technology. The embedded chip is designed to reduce unauthorized transactions by creating a unique code for each point-of-purchase transaction - making it more difficult for fraudsters to duplicate.
The MasterMoney Debit Card™
- Easier and faster than checks - just shop, swipe and GO!
- Use anywhere MasterCard is accepted – even online!
- Use at ATMs for Withdrawals – Deposits – Transfers
- Zero Liability Protection if your card is lost or stolen*
- Be eco-friendly - reduce paper and check printing fees
- Eliminates credit card interest
- Receive text alerts and control debit card use via MyCard Rules!
In addition, you may also link your Statement Savings account or Money Market account to your MasterMoney Debit Card™.
TO REPORT A LOST OR STOLEN CARD, please call 888-297-3416.
* Upon your statement review, if unauthorized charges appear for items that you did not purchase or withdrawals that you did not make, please contact the bank immediately. Your liability under federal law for any unauthorized purchases or withdrawal with your MasterMoney Debit Card™ depends on how quickly you report the unauthorized charges.
Fraud Center Transaction Monitoring Absolutely Free!!
First Bank of Manhattan works with our Fraud Analysts to keep you safe. Debit Card transactions are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If a transaction occurs on your debit card that appears suspicious, a number of alerts will be generated to attempt to notify you of the activity.
- Email - If a valid email address is on file, an email alert will be immediately generated to warn you of the transaction in question. The email will contain instructions to verify whether or not the transaction is valid.
- Text - One minute after the email is sent, a free text message will be sent to any mobile device that accepts text messages. Instructions to verify whether the transaction was authorized will be contained in the text message.
- Voice - Five minutes after the text message is sent, our automated Fraud Center service will attempt to reach you by phone and leave a message if you are not available. The automated Fraud Center service will never ask you for your PIN/debit card number or personal information to verify transactions. You will be prompted to review your 5 most recent transactions and verify their authenticity. You will be connected with a Fraud Analyst if fraud is confirmed.
If our automated Fraud Center Call Service cannot reach you by phone, and no response to the generated texts or emails has been made, a temporary block will be placed on your card. The Fraud Center will remove the block on your card once you verify the transactions through any of the aforementioned alert methods. If fraud has indeed occurred, a Fraud Analyst will contact the bank and open a case on your behalf. The Fraud Analyst or a member of our debit card department will work with you to investigate and resolve the case.
If you have any questions about this service, please call a member of the debit card department at 815-478-4611.